Friday, December 7, 2012

When life hands you lemons...

Well, it looks like I'm about to add to my giant life lemonade supply.

I mentioned that I've been having some rough days lately starting on Thanksgiving.  The pain on the left side of my uterus (the ruptured side) went from being random little twinges to hurting most of the time.  In my head I tried to convince myself that it is just the scar tissue doing weird things, but Beau told me that I was being silly and should talk to my doctor.  I called yesterday because I knew it was her day off and didn't want to bother her and figured I could just speak to one of the nurses.  Well, the nurse called my doctor who squeezed me in for an appointment today.

I just came from my exam and the concern is that the suture area has been compromised in some way.  I have to go in for an ultrasound on Monday.  Depending on what the ultrasound shows I may have to have yet another laparoscopy so that they can really make sure that everything looks good before they allow me to try to conceive.  I really, really, really do not want to have another laparoscopy.  Not only does it just add to my medical financial issues but it would also push back our time frame to start trying again by an additional 3 months after the surgery.  AARRGGHH!!

I'm crossing my fingers and toes that everything will be ok both physically and financially.  This will all be worth it at some point, it just has to be...can I offer anyone a glass of lemonade?

1 comment:

  1. Your journey will definitely be worth it!! Look at how amazingly strong you are, life keeps throwing horrible things at you, but you keep bouncing back! I hope and pray that everything is ok with your ultrasound on Monday, and you get the ok to start trying for an amazingly strong little baby, one that will take after his/her mommy and daddy! I will take some of your lemonade off of your hands!! <3

    ReplyDelete