Monday, December 17, 2012

Quick Update...

I don't have specific details right now on what is going on with my body but I wanted to post what updates I have.

The ultrasound went well.  I had been a little worried that going through it would dredge up a lot of sadness since if things had gone according to plan I would be 20 weeks now and seeing a whole different view on the screen.  The technician was so kind and nurturing that what could have been a horrible experience was very tolerable.  Thankfully the internal incision line appears to be strong.  The concern now is that during the healing process the uterus may have adhered to the abdominal muscle wall.

Both my doctors think it would be best for me to go see a reproductive endocrinologist who is also the head of the minimally invasive gynecology surgery department at a different hospital.  With finances being such a major issue for me right now I was lucky to get an appointment in just 3 weeks.  That will leave plenty of time to schedule a surgery before my deductible year changes on February 1st if that is needed.

For now I still hurt, but having a plan helps.  Beau had told me that I was losing my Christmas spirit so I have been going out of my way to try and regain it.  Here is the picture that accompanied my sister-in-law's email telling me about the tree dedication for my little fish, it will serve as a Christmas tree for this site.  Only 8 more sleeps till Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment